few dedicated Christians founded the Littlerock Community
Church. They first met in homes, and then at the Alpine Elementary
School located on Pearblossom Highway. The Church was chartered
on February 20, 1931 by the Los Angeles Presbytery. When they
had grown large enough and diligently had saved for property
and the building of a new church, they built the first sanctuary
in 1942, which is now the Fellowship
Hall. With different part time pastors and interim pastors,
they continued to grow. In 1957, they built a new Sanctuary,
where worship services are presently held today.
For over 15 years, the church
was yoked with the Community Presbyterian Church of Acton.
Pastors and interns would lead worship at the Acton Church
at 9:00am and at the Littlerock Church at 11:00am. During
this period both churches had not grown and membership and
attendance had severely declined. As soon as both churches
were able to hire full time pastors, both churches started
to see some healthy growth.
The Reverend Doctor Robert and Luella Frisbee served our pastoral
needs from 1985 until 1998. In May 1999, Rev. Bob became Pastor
Emeritus by a unanimous vote of the Congregation Under Pastor
Bob's leadership the church had begun a Hispanic Ministry
in 1991 with Ismael Gonzales from Santa Ana, California and
Mrs. Mercedes Cevallos. In July 1993, the San Fernando Presbytery
brought the Reverend Angel Becerra and his family from Guatemala
to expand ministry to the Hispanic community in the Antelope
Valley. After meeting at the Littlerock church for several
years, the church would eventually become a New Church Development
in the Presbytery and is currently meeting in a recently purchased
and renovated building in Littlerock.
The Reverend Doctor Krin J. Van Tatenhove was installed as
the pastor on July 29, 2001. Pastor Krin came to us from Palm
Springs, California. Pastor Krin was called to serve another
church on October 1, 2005.
On November 19, 2006 The Reverend K.C.Wahe was called to serve
as our new pastor. Pastor K.C. prior to coming to Littlerock
served in youth ministry for close to 16 years at churches
in Hollywood, Burbank, New Jersey, and in Sacramento, California.
While in New Jersey he attended the Princeton Theological
Seminary where he graduated in May 2003 and was ordained as
a Minister of Word and Sacrament in the Presbyterian Church
USA by the Presbytery of San Fernando. We are thankful for
Pastor K.C. and his family as we continue to serve Christ
together here in Littlerock and in the Antelope Valley.
On October 12, 2014, The Reverend Kevin Christopher (K.C.)
Wahe was called to serve another church. We will greatly miss
him, but we know that God needs him else where. We will now,
though God's guidance, find a new pastor who will guide us
on the path that God has set before us.
January 2015 the congregation of the Littlerock Community Church
decided to begen the processes of separtating from the PCUSA (Presberian
Church USA) and join with the new Presbyterian denomination ECO (A
Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians). This processes was
completed December 2015.
July 1, 2016 Dr Chuck Pedersen was appointed Designated Teaching Elder/Head of Staff for Littlerock Community Church.